The conference took place from the 9th to the 11th of October 2016 at the Albanova University Center. The conference was organized by Marek Abramowicz, Lars Brink, Jean-Pierre Lasota, Juri Poutanen and Stephan Rosswog and was supported by Nordita, the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences through its Nobel Institute for Physics, the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the Polish Society of Relativity. During the conference it was shown a film about Andrzej Trautman.
Slides from talks to download:
- Vitor Cardoso
"Gravitational-wave emission from ultra-compact objects"
- Thibault Damour "Gravitational waves and analytic relativity"
- Gary Gibbons "Gravitational waves and fundamental physics"
- Philippe Gandclément
- Scott Hughes
"Testing the black hole hypothesis with gravitational wave observations"
- Andrew King
"Electromagnetic emission from gravitational wave events, and what we might learn"
- Edvard Mörtsell "Gravitational waves, dark matter and dark energy"
- Paweł Nurowski "Asymptotic behaviour of GW"
- Luciano Rezzolla "Gravitational waves and neutron star mergers"
- Gerhard Schäfer
"PN approximation and GW physics"
- Alberto Sesana "Massive black hole binaries: astrophysics and gravitational waves"
The whole programme of the conference is avaiable on page Foundations of the Theory of Gravitational Waves.